Working in conjunction with the Project Manager to build the work safely and productively on time and within budget.
Project Engineer Responsibilities:
- Contract Documents (Plans and Specs): thoroughly Reviews Plans and Specifications, basic understanding of the different Components of the Construction Contract including notification requirements.
- Submittals and RFI’s: prepares a schedule of submittals based on the requirements of the specifications and submits to the PM for review.
- Pay Estimates: complies quantities installed on a daily basis and verifies with the inspector weekly.
- Daily Work reports, Time Sheets, and Quantities: prepares Daily Work Report in Heavy Job, in collaboration with the superintendent that includes all pertinent information and describes all the work performed by NRC and subs.
- Subcontracts, Purchase Orders, Material Procurement and Review of Invoices, perform takeoffs, research pricing, assist PM is vendor communications, track receipts and processing invoice expense codes in system.
- Preparation of Shop Drawings/Sketches in CAD as required to facilitate the work in the field, prepares Traffic control plans under PM guidance and coordinates implementation as specified in the Contract.
- Permits and Mark-outs: prepares a Master List of all permits required for the project including descriptions, work restrictions, issue/expiration dates, inspections required etc., understands “Call before you Dig” requirements.
- Scheduling: understands the basics of CPM scheduling including predecessor/successor relationships and how the critical path is generated.
- Communication and Notifications: attends and participates in progress meetings and jobsite coordination meetings.
- As-builts and Closeout Documents: maintains red line set of Contract drawings reflecting actual work completed, coordinates with subcontractors to facilitate submittal of as-builts to Owner, prepares As Built Drawings for NRC work as necessary and submits to Owner.
Project Engineer Qualifications:
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, able to communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word, CAD, Microsoft Project or Primavera, Heavy Job, Viewpoint, Adobe Acrobat
- Must be willing to work at West Point, NY jobsite as first assignment.
- 0-4 years’ experience as a Construction Project Engineer
JAG Companies Inc. is the parent company of construction industry firms Northeast Remsco Construction, Inc., Caldwell Marine International, LLC, and Huxted Trenchless, LLC. Family owned and operated for over forty years, JAG Companies is ranked annually in the Top 50 largest Hispanic-owned companies in the United States. The companies maintain their MBE certification through the National Minority Supplier Development Council. JAG Companies continues to experience growth with their core values of REPUTATION-WORK ETHIC-TEAM ACCOMPLISHMENT.
Each candidate for this position will be given a pre-employment drug screening.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, eVerify, and a drug free workplace.